APPLICATION FOR PROBATIONARY CERTIFICATE
To apply for the Probationary Certificate follow the steps listed below:
♦ Go to www.sbec.state.tx.us Once you reach the SBEC website, click on "Online Services
♦ If you have not yet created a username and password, you must do so to apply for certification.
Click once on the blue bar that says, "New User? Create New Account."
Type your last name, social security number, and birth date. Click once on the
blue bar labeled "Search."
Complete the Educator Profile Setup, being sure to fill in all required fields or updating
any information already in the system. When finished, click once on the blue bar labeled
Type a "User name” and “password”. Click once on the blue bar labeled "Continue."
♦ If you have established an account with SBEC, click once on "login" in the middle of the
page. You will need to enter your user name and password.
• Once you have created a username and password, you will be able to see an option on the
left menu bar labeled "Applications". Click once on the word "Applications." This will display
a drop down menu. Click once on the word "Probationary Certificate".
• After choosing the correct certificate option, click to open the application form for the
• Be sure to complete the fingerprint section and select the option to do fingerprints
digitally through L-1 Identity Solutions (formally Identix).
• Note: in the portion of the application "I request to be recommended by this Entity",
choose "Education Career Alternatives Program (Alternative Program)".
• You will be given the option to pay for both the probationary certificate and the fingerprints.
If you have a teaching job, pay for both. If you do not have a job yet, pay for the